Scout GPS Link Beta
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
RickWNicholson

New version 1.0.95.1846 Still requires USB cable. No Home or Work displayed  Empty New version 1.0.95.1846 Still requires USB cable. No Home or Work displayed

Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:26 am
Beta Version - Still views and functions just like prior version..
1. Bluetooth only mode still not functioning as expected. It is just showing very large message and ask to plug into USB.
2. Home/Work widget still missing navigation data in Bluetooth only mode. It is displaying large message stating to plug into USB.
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://scoutgpslink.forumotion.com

New version 1.0.95.1846 Still requires USB cable. No Home or Work displayed  Empty Re: New version 1.0.95.1846 Still requires USB cable. No Home or Work displayed

Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:47 pm
Sorry for our delayed response, thank you so much for your feedback so far. We've passed this information to our product team. Here are a few answers to your question:

- How do you feel about Bluetooth only mode? Do prefer to use Bluetooth only mode instead of connecting Scout GPS Link to the car via USB cable to get moving maps?
- There could be instances where Scout GPS Link does not have access to the phone's location services. If this happens, we display a full screen message to inform you to open the app on your phone. Home and Work widgets should show if the app is open on the phone.

Thank you again for your feedback. Look out for a new beta version this week.
lsrbudugama@gmail.com

New version 1.0.95.1846 Still requires USB cable. No Home or Work displayed  Empty Re: New version 1.0.95.1846 Still requires USB cable. No Home or Work displayed

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:06 pm
Thanks for reaching out. I always prefer Bluetooth only mode as it adds flexibility of not connecting to usb each time. However no difference in Bluetooth only mode has been observed with previous version. It is always showing very large message asking to connect to USB and home/work gadget also still showing that large message asking to connect to USB. I would like to have Bluetooth only mode the way it used to be couple of release back without any permanent large message and also with work/home widget.
I would suggest to give a option button in settings if some users always prefer usb and want to see that large message whenever they are not connected to usb. But people like me need both modes without any permenent messages. I never seen that kind of permanent ugly message in my whole life except here. That message not adding any value at least to me at least. Every time I see it I go crazy with Toyota and their Entune. I’m sorry not trying to be offensive, but to emphasize how annoying and unprofessional that message is.
I would be more happy to provide assistance to make scout gps link the most useful and most loved navigation app for users.
All you need to do is implement to standard of any navigation or gps unit such as Tom Tom or garmin in terms of features wise.
I have attached 2 images where app is always looking USB with large annoying message. 1 from home screen where it used to display Work/home widget and other is from main app screen. Those 2 messages not going anywhere untill phone connect via usb

Last edited by lsrbudugama@gmail.com on Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
RickWNicholson

Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:13 am
Im curious how long does it take to make a change. This beta version, isn't any different than the prior released version. I still get the message "Moving Maps requires USB Connection to your phone"! I prefer Bluetooth as it was prior.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:20 am
Thanks again for your feedback. It's helpful to know that you prefer the convenience of Bluetooth only mode. Our initial research showed that connecting the USB provided a much better experience, so it was worth the hassle of connecting the USB cable. With your feedback, we understand that there's a strong preference to have Bluetooth only mode available.

We're working on bringing back some of the functionality of Bluetooth only mode. It's very useful to know that the repeated message to connect the USB cable is annoying.

We're trying to have a new beta version every two weeks. We'll let you know when there are new updates to the beta and when the updates to Bluetooth only mode are implemented.
lsrbudugama@gmail.com

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:42 am
Thanks for timely acknowledgement. Just a quick question out of this context, what is the technical limitation of transferring interactive map stream via Bluetooth. If that can be achieved it is going to be great convenient.
lsrbudugama@gmail.com

New version 1.0.95.1846 Still requires USB cable. No Home or Work displayed  Empty Scout GPS Link 1.0.97 (1.0.97.667) Test results

Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:35 pm
1. Speed limit information is back it is very useful and mostly accurate.
Noticed that speed limit information is not accurate when there is road construction.
2. Bluetooth only mode is now perfect with home/work widgets also back. If you can get rid of the one final screen message “Moving maps require usb connection” in full screen of Bluetooth only mode, that would be ideal.
3. I was directed to a exit which is closed due to construction for long time. Since I knew it is closed, was able to take action earlier and that may not be the case in unknown area.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:01 pm
Unfortunately, the Bluetooth doesn't have enough bandwidth to show the visuals of the map. I understand your preference for not needing a USB cable, but unfortunately that's a limitation we can't currently change.

It's great to hear that speed limit information is back and working well. Unfortunately, we're planning take speed limit information away again this Thursday. We're preparing for a public release, and at the moment we can't separate showing speed limits in the public and beta versions of the app. Since we're not yet comfortable with speed limit accuracy, it's not going to be included in the public release. We're working the change that for the beta, and speed limit information will be back again soon.

Thank you for your feedback about Bluetooth only mode. Glad that it works well. I'll pass along the feedback about the “Moving maps require usb connection” messaging to the product team.

If you are comfortable with sharing your location, please let us know the location of the closed exit. We can work with our map team to edit that information. Feel free to email the location to scoutbeta@telenav.com.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum